Delighted to announce the new album, Scaoil Amach an Pocaide is now available on Raelach Records.
It is a live recording of a concert I did with the great Steve Cooney back in 2005 for the wonderful people of Spiddal.
It features 10 tracks:
- Cúnla, Na Ceannabháin Bhána, Cailleach an Airgid
- The Plains of Boyle, The Friendly Visit
- The Rolling Wave (An Tonn Reatha)
- Caoineadh Eoghain Ruadh
- Port an Bhráthar, Port Shean tSeáin
- The Battle of Aughrim (Cath Eachroma)
- The Wounded Huzzar
- The Garden of Daisies (Gairdín na Nóiníní)
- The Humours of Drinagh, A Trip to Athlone
- O’Neill’s March (Máirseáil Uí Néill)
This is a very special recording for me. The concert turned out to be a particularly on-form night for both Steve and myself, and formed the basis for the Kitchen Concerts series that we had going there in more recent years. Because of my recent Parkinson’s diagnosis it seems I will not be playing much or recording again, so this is the beginning of “a farewell to music” of sorts for me. I hope you will enjoy it.
I am very pleased to be working with Raelach Records on this and on the final album we have planned for next year, a selection of solo slow airs I recorded some years back.
I’ll leave the final, very kind and humbling words to our good friend Martin Hayes: “What could be better than hearing the combination of these two iconic musicians. This is a beautiful and profoundly heartfelt recording that anybody interested in Irish music should own.”
Yours in music,
You can purchase the album as a download on the Raelach Records website, here.